Sunday, April 5, 2009

Really?!


America, I do not understand you. I want to call you stupid, but I feel that might be judgmental. What am I talking about? Fast & Furious made $72.5 million this weekend!!!!! Are you kidding me?! Please tell me none of y'all went to see that. I mean, I'll allow a rental of a movie like that, but to pay 10+ bucks to see it is just ludicrous. And I'm not trying to single out Fast & Furious. It just happens to be the movie of the moment so it gets my pinpointed ire. Now I enjoyed the first one, but did we really need a second, third, and fourth?! And Knowing a couple of weekends ago? I mean, c'mon! Has Nicolas Cage even made a good movie in the last several years?

Here's a challenge for America. Don't go see a movie unless it's gotten at least 50% on Rotten Tomatoes. Now I've said before that I don't always agree with critics, but rarely do I enjoy a movie that got less than 50% on RT. I'll even give you a few suggestions. Try Adventureland or Sunshine Cleaning or Duplicity. Those are all enjoyable, well-made films that deserve your hard earned dollars. I'm sorry, but films like Fast & Furious just don't.

No comments: