Friday, January 1, 2010

An LA Christmas

I talked my parents into coming out for a visit this Christmas. Since they've pretty much been there and done that when it comes to LA, we spent a lot of time just hanging out. We played lots of Speed Scrabble, Dominos, and Scattergories. We ate lots of yummy food including a full out Thanksgiving revisited meal with turkey, dressing, and all the sides. After my roommate scarfed down all the leftover dressing, I even tried my hand at making a batch of my own. If I do say so myself, it was pretty delicious. And Christmas wouldn't be complete without some scrumptious chocolate chip cookies and Grandma's peanut brittle. Did we just sit around and eat food you might be asking yourself? Well, yes. I had to get in a lot of grub before I start that New Year's resolution of losing weight, of course. But we also managed to squeeze in a couple of other activities.

I've been working on this post for over an hour and it's just not cooperating. So how's about I just state that the pictures below are from the following activities. We opened gifts. Or more accurately, I opened gifts. We visited the Rose Bowl. We went to the Santa Anita Racetrack. Dad loved it and could have stayed all day. Mom and I thought the horses were pretty and ate funnel cake while we let Dad play. We window shopped on Rodeo Drive after all the shops had closed because it's more fun that way. We went to Santa Barbara and stopped in Malibu on the way. A good time was had by all. Hope you had a very merry Christmas, too!

















2 comments:

Matt and Jolee said...

Awww... those are good pictures! Looks like you guys had fun and I'm glad they came.

Peter said...

On your Speed Scrabble mention ... you could also try the online version... Merry Christmas!