Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday, Hayden!


My first impression of you was, "Oh my goodness, look at all that blonde hair!" I've never seen so much hair on the head of a newborn baby. And you were about the biggest baby I've ever seen. I think that means you're going to be tall like your daddy. Of all my nieces and nephews, I got to spend the most time with you as a baby. But you probably don't remember that, though I have pictures to prove it! I don't know how many times I was called down to your house by your sick mommy to come take care of you because she could barely hold her head up. My favorite picture of you and your mommy is the two of you lying in a recliner looking horribly sick. It makes me laugh because that's what I remember most about your brief stint in Los Angeles!

Once, I was babysitting you and your parents left a mostly eaten ear of corn for you to knaw on. I thought that was silly, but I gave it to you anyway, and proceeded to watch you chomp away at that thing for nearly half an hour. It was too funny!

Did you know that I made you your first birthday cake? Bet you don't remember that. Don't let your mommy fool you into thinking that she did. Because, again, I've got the pictures to prove it!

I love that you are so silly and make me laugh all the time. I love all that super blonde hair that sits on top of your head. I love that you idolize your older brother. I love how you shower your little sister with hugs and kisses. I love how you can whine with the best of them and throw some really good fits. I love that now you take awhile to warm up to me, but when you finally do it's like I've never been away. But most of all, I just love you!

Happy Birthday!!

No comments: