Saturday, April 26, 2008

NFL Draft

I'm sure none of you watched the draft, but indulge me. I usually flip back and forth to see who the first few picks are, then I tune out and check the internet later to see how it panned out. But this year, I recorded it to see where Darren and Felix would end up.

So picture me fastforwarding through the picks when the Oakland Raiders came on the clock. I said a little prayer hoping beyond hope that they would decide not to take Darren. Then I proceeded to scream out as the most dreaded scenario played out before my eyes. The only good thing about DMac going to the Raiders is that they show all of the Raider games out here on the West Coast, so I'll get to see him play. Though, honestly, I probably won't watch it too much because I just absolutely cannot stand the Raiders. And Oakland is such a ghetto thug town. It's just not the environment that a kid like Darren needs to be in. But hopefully, things will work out well for him.

So then I fastforward through to get to the Cowboys pick, but of course I caught up to my recording because the draft is so freakin' long. So I sat there for 10 minutes waiting on their selection to be made, and I said another little prayer hoping they would take Felix. I watched as they did one of those insta-polls about whether the Cowboys should take him and the answer was overwhelmingly no. But thankfully they don't listen to the uninformed populace, and I screamed out in joy as they picked Felix! I was really hoping Felix would end up with the Cowboys. I think he'll be a much better fit with Marion Barber than DMac would've been. DMac and Barber are too similar in their up-in-your face, I love contact kind of styles. Whereas Felix is a quick cutter who eludes contact. I think they'll be a nice 1-2 combination.

So there you have it. DMac to the Raiders...boo!!! Felix to the Cowboys...woohoo!!!

Oh, and go see Baby Mama. It's really cute and funny! Jolee, it reminds me of Baby Boom. It's like Baby Boom meets SNL. What could be better than that?!

No comments: