Thursday, October 15, 2009

Goodbye, Pappaw


Today, my pappaw passed away. I was lucky enough to get to fly home on Saturday and spend a couple of days with him in the hospital, and I will forever be thankful for that.

Pappaw, thank you for being the best grandpa around. Thank you for coming to my ballgames and cheering me on. Thank you for taking us on trips in the camper. Thank you for the hours upon hours of table talk after our meals. Thank you for taking care of grandma when she could no longer take care of herself. And most of all, thanks for being you. I am so happy to know that today you are with Jesus. I LOVE YOU!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terri, I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I will be praying for you and your family.

Sassylassy5 said...

Terri, I know it's tough to be away from home during these times. My heart and prayers are with you and your family.