Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Daylight Savings Day!

I don't do Halloween, so I thought I'd just wish everybody a Happy Daylight Savings Day. Or as I like to call it, the best day of the year!! An extra hour of sleep? Yes, please!

Maybe if I ever have kids I'll jump back into the festivities. But I haven't really done anything for Halloween since high school. And even then, I was only handing out candy. No trick-or-treating after elementary school in the Turner household. I like that rule, and it's probably one I'll carry on.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not the bah humbug of Halloween. I just don't see it as being anything other than a kid's holiday. So I look forward to seeing pics on your blogs of all the little kiddos in their cute little outfits.

As for me, I think I'll snuggle up on the couch and watch my latest Netflix arrival. Then I'm going to enjoy my extra hour of sleep. And tomorrow, I'll head to Target to load up on cheap candy. Woohoo!

2 comments:

The Family Marsico said...

We had a great halloween season (oh yes, with kids it's a season) and will have those pictures posted soon.

I too like the Turner house rule, followed it as a kid, and will impart it on my children.

Even without the kids though, I found great joy in handing out the candy. It's hard to be a scrouge (I'm not calling you names) when the little kiddos are so happy.

Matt and Jolee said...

Landen's trick or treating days are almost over. Sad! I told him maybe one more year... but it's about to end.