Monday, November 9, 2009

Won't You Tell Me How To Get...

Thanks to Google and their cute little logos, I learned that tomorrow is the 40th Anniversary of Sesame Street. Oh how I loved Sesame Street as a child. I loved me some Big Bird and Snuffleupagus (and yes, I did have to look up that spelling). But Elmo, he was my favorite of them all. He didn't come around until a little later in my Sesame Street viewing days, but he captured my heart and still holds it to this day. I remember singing songs and spelling and counting and learning little life lessons along the way. In fact, the first movie I ever remember seeing in the theater was Follow That Bird.

But as much as I loved Sesame Street, I loved me some Mister Rogers' Neighborhood even more. That was, hands down, my FAVORITE show. The cardigan. The sneakers. The hand puppets of Make-Believe. Now that was some good TV. I can't believe it's not on anymore. I guess it will just have to live on in my memories. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood...oh won't you be my neighbor?

Hmm, has their ever been a time in my life when I wasn't in love with TV?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so crazy! Follow That Bird was the first movie I ever remember seeing in the theater, too. I remember thinking that the characters were just behind the screen and that they would come out to greet us after the show.