Monday, February 8, 2010

Dear Super Bowl:

Please let relevant bands/musical acts play the halftime show from now on. We get it. Justin and Janet screwed up. But must we, the public, continue to suffer. I'm sorry, but I don't care about The Who. If this were the '60s and/or '70s, then it might be a different story. But it's 2010. Did you hear that? 2010!! I couldn't pick The Who out of a lineup if you held a gun to my head. And that's even after seeing them perform last night.

And honestly, I don't even mean to pick on The Who. Here's a list of the previous 5 year's performers:

2005: Paul McCartney
2006: The Rolling Stones
2007: Prince
2008: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
2009: Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band

Granted, they are all legends of Rock and Roll, but again...it's a new millennium for goodness sake. When was the last time one of these groups had a major hit?!

Bottom line, I don't want to see old men jamming to songs I've never even heard during the halftime show anymore. You know, unless they're paired with some current performers a la my favorite halftime show of Aerosmith/NSync/Britney/Nelly. Now that was a good show!

Respectfully yours,

Me


3 comments:

The Family Marsico said...

SO funny! I had this exact same conversation with Travis last night.

Anonymous said...

Amen. That Aerosmith/Nelly/Britney Spears show was my favorite!

Matt and Jolee said...

I agree. Though, it was on during my sleeping hours so I didn't watch it anyway. But, if I had watched it I would have been disappointed too. Plus, I like to youtube it and I didn't even bother. :-)