Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hello Blogosphere!

I'm back. Although I think I've said that before, but maybe this time it'll stick. I hope the world is treating you well, dear readers. Wait, I wonder if I have any readers left? Oh well, regardless, here goes...

Since it's the new year, I thought I'd start with new years' resolutions. I only have two this year and for the first time in forever neither of them involve working out. I somehow managed to jump on that boat in the fall and am still chug, chug, chugging along. My resolutions involve doing things that make me happy. I had a realization in December that I was letting life happen to me rather than living my life. So my goal is to flip that on its head in 2011.

My first and primary resolution is to do fun LA things. There are so many things to do around the city that you can't do anywhere else, and I've failed to take advantage of it. I've got a long list of things to do, and I've already started. I found a hole-in-the-wall comedy show that I went to last night which was super-awesome. I'm going to try out restaurants, museums, improv shows, and even take a workout class with Richard Simmons! After the great start with the comedy show, I'm even looking more forward to doing stuff. Sometimes I forget that I like to do things because my couch is so comfy. But I can have the best of both worlds and I intend to.

My second resolution is to blog more. I like to write. It's about the only creative thing I do. And the easiest way to write consistently? Blog! It's so easy. Why did I let it slip away? I'm going to make myself be more consistent with this here blog. I don't know how often I'll write, but whenever I feel like sharing I'm going to do it.

So here's to the new year! Happy 2011!

4 comments:

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

hey girl! glad to see your back! I will be going to san diego in Nov 2011 (the week before thanskgiving)....any ideas, tips, suggestions? where should I fly out of ? Whats cheapest as far as flying?

Terri said...

Thank you for the welcome back, Kristy! Unfortunately I am none too knowledgable about San Diego. I've been there very briefly on two different occasions. Once to go to the zoo and once to go to Sea World. That being said, both times I loved it and thought I should actually go for a longer visit. It's one of my goals for the year. If I get around to it, I'll be sure to give you the scoop. There are a bunch of airports in SoCal, so you can be picky. And I've found recently that flying in and out of Fort Smith is cheaper than XNA, LIT, or TUL. Go figure.

Matt and Jolee said...

Woo hoo - you are back! Richard Simmons?? I need more info on that.

The Family Marsico said...

Your loyal readers are still here. Welcome back. Good to see you (albeit briefly) at Christmas.