Tuesday, December 4, 2007

For Your Consideration

Since the University of Arkansas seems to be having a hard time finding a football coach, then let me make a suggestion...

HIRE ME!!!

That's right, I'm officially putting my hat in the ring. Let me outline the top 10 reasons why I should be considered:

1) I live and breathe the Razorbacks. I think it's important that the new coach understand the passion the state of Arkansas has for its equivalent of a professional sports team.

2) I'm not only a fan, but an alumnae (look it up - there's another good reason...I know fancy words like that).

3) I know a lot more about football than the average girl, so don't let my gender fool you. I've been studying the game since I was a wee little tyke. And by studying, I mean quarterbacking my schoolyard team at Bonneville Elementary and watching religiously every weekend since my Mom said I couldn't tryout for the junior high team. In fact, just last week my roommate said, "Girl, you really do watch a lot of football!"

4) To make up for what knowledge I lack, I know how to surround myself with people who know what they're doing, and more importantly, actually allow them to do their thing.

5) I could be hired for the very bargain basement price of $250,000 and honestly, I'd consider taking less.

6) I love Fayetteville and would move back there in a heartbeat. Plus, I don't have any "family" to consider in the relocation factor.

7) I already know how to call the Hogs and the words to the fight song and "Hard to be Humble."

8) You would never hear me exclaim, "I called that play, brutha" whether or not I actually did.

9) No one else seems to want the job.

10) And finally, I HATE texting!

5 comments:

Sisters said...

You cracked me up!
AJL

Matt and Jolee said...

I'll vote for you! Of course, this is coming from your sister whose knowledge of football is quite minimal.

Matt and Jolee said...

Oh, I forgot to add... your hair looks good :-)

The Traxsons said...

You've got my vote :)

Matt and Jolee said...

Hey - at this point in time, you may actually have a shot!