Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Politics...look away if you must, though I hope you don't.


So here's the deal. Most of my blogs over the next month will be Europe related, but they will occasionally be interrupted by other topics. This post is one of those. It's going to be political, so go ahead and tune out now if you wish. I know my political blogs don't get as much response as my random blogs. People just aren't as interested/informed about politics as I think (wish?) they should be.

This is the second morning in a row I've awakened to a day of Palin dominated news in the States. Since she's a VP nominee, normally I would say this is fine. But what's dominating the news is her daughter's pregnancy, and this just pisses me off (pardon the language). Who cares about her daughter? She's not involved in this election! Get over it already. Kids make mistakes. It's a private family matter. Let it go! I feel like we've already started along the path of more things being debated about Palin because she's a woman. I honestly don't think this would be such an issue if she were a man, but I could be wrong. Let me summarize, stuff with Palin's daughter - not relevant. Stuff regarding the firing of her brother-in-law - completely relevant. Let's all keep a sane head on our shoulders and filter through this nonsense that the media often throws at us. I want to have faith in my fellow Americans!

In the meantime, I'm enjoying my time in Germany. You know, one of those crazy countries run by a woman.

No comments: