Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Week That Was

Part 1: The Car

Well folks, my car was officially totaled. It was a good car...no, a great car! And I have shed a couple of tears for its demise. But it's time to move on to bigger and better things. Or at least, 2 more doors and cheaper. After much debate, I've opted to buy my friend's 2004 Hyundai Elantra instead of a shiny, new...er, slightly used Camry. Someday soon I'll get me one of those snazzy cars. But the Elantra was in my budget. And it's got 4 doors. And power locks and windows. Now that's just fancy!

Part 2: The Eyes


I made the mistake of putting in my contacts on Friday. Let's just say the eyes didn't react so well. I've been trying to tell the eye doctor that it was my contacts, but he wouldn't listen. It's like college all over again when my eyes rejected my contacts. Evidently, my eyes only like super-thin daily disposables, which aren't cheap. And really aren't strong enough to correct my vision. I think I'm just going to become a nerdy 4 eyes for the time being. Glasses are in style, aren't they?

4 comments:

The Family Marsico said...

Try lasik. That's what we (as in my husband, not me) had to do due to the contact rejection. Or just wear your glasses.

Matt and Jolee said...

Seriously... as much money as you spend on your eyes, you ought to think about having surgery! It worked like a charm for Matt... you poor thing. If I was rich, I would pay for the surgery for you! But, reality is that I'm not.

So... how about a picture of the "new" car?!

The Magsigs said...

I can't believe your car! So glad that you weren't hurt.

And your poor eyes. Glasses make you look smart...not that you aren't, but you know what I mean. I always wanted glasses.

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

oh my goodness...your poor eyes! i debate on having the surgery, I go back and forth all the time. I had to try so many contacts before I found the kind I have now. I constantly had red eyes.....and my dry eye is out of control. have you tried teh O2 lenses?