Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Darn those writers and actors...and producers!



The Golden Globes telecast is officially cancelled, and I am officially sad. I'm a big fan of award shows and while I don't look forward to the Globes like I do the Oscars and the Emmys, I've always enjoyed watching them. But I'm not really here to post about the Golden Globes. I'm actually here to let the world know that I am officially (that's right, it is the 3rd time I've used that word - what about it?!) sick of the stupid strike!! Everybody is being annoying. The producers are annoying because they're greedy. The writers are annoying because they don't seem to care about the viewing public. The actors are annoying because they won't cross the picket lines. Don't writers/directors/actors always say they get into the business because they love the art and they love to entertain? It's amazing how quickly they get jaded by money. And let me let you in on a little secret...television writers are some of the best paid people in Hollywood. They're not really hurting much for money. Though, in the end, I do think the producers should fork over the money. Those guys make you a lot of money, and it's not going to hurt you much to give them a little bit extra. Now all of you go lock yourselves up in a room right now and don't come out until you reach an agreement. I'll give you until the Oscars.

No comments: