Thursday, June 26, 2008

Runyon Canyon kicks my butt!

Ah Runyon Canyon, a staple of LA, and one that I successfully avoided for the first 5 years I lived here mainly because I don't like to hike. I'm not much of an outdoorsy girl, and it hurts my bum knee. But then something happened. I let some new friends talk me into going. Little did I know they picked the insanely steep side for us to climb, and I about died. This was about 2 months ago, and I swore I would never go back again. But I broke down. I went again today on the condition that we go up the other trail that's not so insanely steep. And I'm happy to report that I survived! And I think I actually liked it! And I think I may go back again! I don't understand these feelings I'm having! I feel some weird need to conquer that silly mountain and not get passed by every skinny little thing in LA. So beware Runyon Canyon, I'm coming after you.

I borrowed a pic to show you the park. Basically you go from the bottom of the Hollywood Hills all the way to the top to Mulholland Drive and you have 2 main trail choices: super steep, then flat or gradual incline.

There's the super steep to the left. And that's the gradual incline there to the right.

1 comment:

Matt and Jolee said...

Sounds fun to me. Though, I like to hike and spend the majority of time outdoors if its pretty outside. IF, being the key word there. There are lots of trails here and we go all the time. Though, they are short when your dragging along 3 kids... Don't worry. Matt's in charge of Jordyn - he carries her in the "Back"pack. I don't trust myself and can barely make it alone. lol