Tuesday, June 10, 2008

$48.55

That's how much it just cost me to fill up my gas tank given the whopping $4.45/gallon price out here in LA. And that was at the cheap place. I got my car right before I graduated from high school, and I could fill up that 11 gallon tank for less than $10. Now I get that there's inflation and all that, but not that much over only 10 years. Oh how it will be nice to get a new president in the white house that might actually try to do something about this situation. Only a few short months.

5 comments:

Sisters said...

Wow! I remember filling up my old Cavalier for $12 in college. I now fill up my Maxima for about $50. It is so sad, really.
AJL

Landen said...

That sounds hilarious to think, $10!!! I just got back from filling up my tank - it's $4.18 here. I spent over $65 and had almost a 1/4 tank when I started. Yikes!!!

Landen said...

Oops. I'm logged in under Landen. Well, I think your smart enough to figure it out.

The Traxsons said...

Tim fills up my tank most of the time because he fills it up when he washes it. I was running low and filled it up one day recently and was shocked when the pump shut off at $50. that had never happened to me before and I honestly didn't even know pumps did that! (and yes, i feel really spoiled as i'm typing this) It takes about $55 to fill mine up if it's pretty close to empty.

Matt and Jolee said...

alright Mitzi. You're pulling my mom's trick!! She didn't even know how to fill her tank until a couple of years ago though. At least you know how to. lol