Monday, December 1, 2008

An American Turner Thanksgiving (not to be confused with the German one)

My parents just left to head back to Arkansas after a nice 10 day visit to the left coast for the Thanksgiving holiday. The other siblings hooked up in Germany, so my parents came to visit me. I've been trying to get them to visit for awhile, so I was happy that they finally came! We had a lot of fun and did a lot of stuff. We even managed to do some stuff none of us had ever done. There are always new and exciting things to do in the big city!

We tooled around downtown and went to a Clippers game...



Mom and Dad had their first ever subway excursion...



We had Thanksgiving dinner with some of my friends...



We went to the Reagan library (so much better than Clinton's!)...



Then we went to the Nixon library (which I don't have good pics of because my battery died)...



And we topped it off with some window shopping on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills...



We sprinkled in a trip to Hollywood to see the stars on the Walk of Fame and Grauman's Chinese Theatre, a brief hike at Runyon Canyon (where we just missed Justin Timberlake by a day!), a tour of the media capital of the world aka Burbank, a trip to the Grove (where we just missed Gwen Stefani by a mere couple of hours!), a taping of Craig Ferguson where we saw Betty White, a visit to Saddleback Church, a trip to the beach where it was super foggy, and a breakfast at IHOP where we saw David Spade!

A good time was had by all...at least, I think! Thanks for coming to visit, Mom and Dad. Come back soon!

2 comments:

The Traxsons said...

Wow, that is a lot of stuff packed into 10 days! I'm impressed! Ahh, if only you had been hiking with Justin Timberlake...

Matt and Jolee said...

You got some great pictures of the 3 of you. It sounds like you all had fun. I'm glad they got to come!