Monday, December 8, 2008

Australia

I have all the time in the world to post blogs, yet somehow manage not to. Though it's mainly because I haven't had much to say lately, which I know is shocking. Maybe ideas/words will come back to me over the next couple of weeks.

I don't really have much to say right now, but I thought I would see if anyone has seen Australia. I went with a group of friends to a 9:45 showing and none of them really liked it. Granted, I found out afterwards that none of them new it was almost 3 hours long and they'd been at work all day, so I really think this is what caused their dislike. I, on the other hand, loved it! And, more importantly, knew it was a long flick, so I was prepared.

I love epics and romance and Baz Luhrmann movies so it was pretty much a given that I was going to like it. But I liked it even more than I thought. It reminded me of a beautiful old school film circa the 40's or 50's. And the little boy in the film was just too adorable! That being said, it was a bit too long.

If you haven't seen it yet, I would recommend it. Just make sure you're prepared to stay seated for 3 hours!

No comments: