Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Day Fun

Despite being away from home, Christmas day was a busy one. First up, opening presents! I had Jolee send gifts to LA, so that I would have something to open up on Christmas day. I got the magnet I asked for (though I don't know what the heck it says!), plus I got the Eiffel Tower figurine I had been eyeing in Paris. Sneaky Jolee! How'd you get that without me knowing? Must've been when I would get claustrophobic and have to get out of those tight little shops. Plus, I got a kickin' Hard Rock pin to add to my collection, a cute candle, and some good ol' Belgian chocolate!

Then it was time for what turned out to be the first movie of the day, The Spirit. I quite enjoyed it and it made for a weird Christmas day pick, but that was part of the fun (I'll have more to say about that and some other movies later). Then I headed home to clean up because I had people (a whole heckuva lot of people) coming over for a late lunch/early dinner.

After I cleaned, I popped in the lasagnas that my friend Michelle had pre-made and waited for my company to arrive. We played a game of how many people can actually fit into Terri's apartment. Turns out at least 16, and I think there was room for more. We played Catch Phrase, conversed, and enjoyed a lovely Italian Christmas dinner with lots of yummy desserts. Then we all decided to get up and go see Benjamin Button.

After the movie, I headed home, cleaned up a little, and called it a day. It was a fun Christmas, and I'm thankful I have great friends to celebrate with. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, too!

2 comments:

Matt and Jolee said...

Do you know how much I paid for that friggin' Eiffel Tower!!!???? AARRRGGHHHH.... that upsets me. Ok, I'm trying to get over it. And, I kept asking you which one you liked b/c I was "buying it for Norma". Remember??? :) OH... and the magnet... something to the tune of "a friend is good in good times and better in tougher times". I'll get the better translation for you. Did I mention how much I paid for that?!

Matt and Jolee said...

Oh.. and I'm off to London on Tuesday :)