Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Week

Can I just express once again how I don't have anything to post about? I know I've said that before, but it just continues. I could post about TV and movies and sports all day long, but I don't know how interesting you guys find that. And the original purpose of this blog was to keep people back home updated on my life. But what I'm slowly realizing is that I don't have an exciting life. I don't have kids or pets or such to post about. I suppose I could post about hanging out with my friends. But you don't know them, and we don't really do anything exciting. We usually gather at someone's place and chat and watch TV. Good times, but not too exciting to read about.

For today, I guess I'll post a bit about some things I've been thinking about or have been happening this week.

1) I seriously am in need of a new picture to post on here. That was my summer look. I don't look like that anymore. The hair is a bit longer and the color a bit darker as the highlights are fading. Maybe I'll get around to snapping a new one one of these days.

2) I started a new job. You think that could've been a new post or at least my #1, but it's not. I'm thankful for the job, but the pay sucks and it's doing the same crap I was doing before. I had hoped tax resolution was in the past, but evidently God had other plans. Bottom line: I'm still looking elsewhere.

3) I can't shake this cold that has taken over my life. It's going on two weeks now, and it just won't go away. It's going around out here though, so lots of people are in the same boat. I'm hoping it'll run its course this week.

4) I went to a friend's place last week. She has a cat. I'm allergic, and it manifests itself in my eyes. So I've been walking around all week with beet red eyes and wearing my glasses. I hate wearing my glasses!


The pic is from mid-week. As you can see, my right eye is having a particularly harder time than my left eye. But I think they're starting to get better. They're less red and more pink now. And I can see the white parts again, so that's a plus!

So there you have it. That's been what's going on and what's been on my mind this week. There's actually been some deeper stuff, such as debating whether Jews are still God's chosen people or where I fall in the Calvinism/Arminianism debate. But I'll save that for another post.

Til next time...

3 comments:

Matt and Jolee said...

You and your poor eyes! I'm in the same boat as you as far as a post. I need to post something, but am not sure what. I'm at a loss.... maybe I'll post random things like you did. Hmm...

The Traxsons said...

Well i've been wondering for the past week about your new job. sorry to hear it isn't exactly what you wanted, but it's good that you have one!

The Magsigs said...

Hope you feel better! Should I go ahead and drop off the new kitten that we got you? Ha!