Monday, February 9, 2009

#26: Yes, I do watch the Disney Channel...a lot!


I was just thinking that I left off my Disney Channel love on my 25 Random Things list. For a 28 year old, that's pretty random. But at the same time, it's no secret. Everyone that knows me, knows I love all things Disney Channel related.

I don't remember the Disney Channel having many teen centered shows when I was an actual teen. Just the Mickey Mouse Club, which I guess is what started it all. I was obsessed with that show. Then, in college, my Disney Channel love exploded. I loved Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, Flash Forward, The Famous Jett Jackson, so on and so forth. The only one I didn't watch was So Weird, which is "so weird" because one of the stars of that show is the worship leader at my church. And the Disney Channel love is why I sat there for several weeks trying to figure out why the heck he was so familiar.

The love continued with That's So Raven, High School Musical, and occasionally The Suite Life of Zach and Cody. Then, the Hannah Montana phenomenon hit. I don't get Hannah Montana. I stopped watching for a little while. But then I was sucked back in by repeats of the old shows I liked. And I discovered Wizards of Waverly Place, which is a new one I quite enjoy. And yes, I tuned in last night for the premiere of the new show Sonny With A Chance. It was cute. I'll watch it. And Jo from Facts of Life plays the mom, so that just sold me on it even more.

Now, don't misunderstand me here. I don't know when any of these shows actually come on. I'm just saying that on the weekends I often find myself flipping to the Disney Channel and watching it for a couple of hours. And I like to think it helps me bond with my oldest niece and nephew. Caroline and I had an hourlong Disney conversation while floating in the Atlantic Ocean this summer. And Landen and I watched Camp Rock together when I was visiting them in Germany.

It's cute. It's harmless. I'm not ashamed. Hmm, I wonder if the Disney Channel is hiring?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have so much in common...who knew? Thank you for making me feel validated in my love for the Disney Channel. I get the strangest looks from my roommates when they see me watching Hannah Montana!

Kristen Ferguson said...

I got hooked on the Disney Channel by my nephew who now doesn't watch it. Zack and Cody are my favorite. They are growing up so fast!! :)
Oh who is your worship leader????

Terri said...

Patrick Levis

Kristen Ferguson said...

Patrick Levis...yeah I think I remember him, but I didn't watch the show he was in. Is it strange having a former actor as your worship leader? I cannot see that happening in Arkansas.

Terri said...

It was strange at first, but now I don't think a thing about it. It's just Pat.