Tuesday, November 13, 2007

God is good!

I've been in quite a funk the last few days. I don't know what brought it on, but I rarely do. It's just something that creeps up on me more often than I care to admit. So I did what I always do and broke out my Maple Street Worship cd. If you're unaware of Maple Street, it's the cd of the praise band at University Baptist in Fayetteville when I was in college. It is my absolute favorite!! It never fails to calm my heart and refocus me on what really matters. I awoke to a gorgeous day here in sunny LA and as I drove to work singing at the top of my lungs, I was reminded of the beauty of God's creation. It's nice to get a swift kick in the butt every once in awhile and be reminded of all the things I have to be thankful for.







4 comments:

Matt and Jolee said...

Ahh... its pretty, but I'd rather be in Germany! lol I am looking out my window at sheep... Hmmmm....On second thought, I think I would like it best somewhere in between. Maybe back on the Gulf Coast.... I miss you!

Emily said...

I LOVE Maple Street too! What is it about their songs that make you want to sing at the top of your lungs? Have to confess...I have done this same thing on more than one occasion.

Anonymous said...

I ran across your blog while looking for the Maple Street CD for my wife. I can't find it anywhere. Do you know of any way that I can get my hands on one. I have an anniversary coming up soon. She used to have it and gave it to a friend who lost it. Thanks for your help. Please email gatorader@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hey! I remember the Maple Street Worship cd like I heard it yesterday... except that it's been like 6 years!

Where in the world can I get a copy??? I would love to purchase it off itunes but it isn't there. I have been randomly looking online for the last 2 years for it. Keep finding sites that list the songs but nowhere to buy...?

ireneterry@gmail.com