Sunday, November 4, 2007

HEI5MAN!!

D-Mac's numbers were ridiculous! 323 yards!! I don't have much to say other than that kid can play! What a game. It makes me so happy to watch the Hogs play up to their potential. Although my feelings towards Nutt remain the same.

I like how the announcers called the disgruntled fans "childish." I was yelling at the TV. I agree that flying banners is a bit absurd, and I definitely don't support those antics. But those announcers didn't really study up on the situation. Their comments were very uninformed. Who are they to walk in on one game and say that Nutt is the best fit for Arkansas and he's an amazing coach and we're all idiots for wanting him gone?! Give me a break! We had one good game. Let's look at those other three we've lost. Let's look at the lack of anything resembling a passing game. Let's look at the inconsistency of the defense, especially the secondary. Let's look at the people he's run off. When you know the whole situation, then you can comment on it.

Alright, despite my rant, I was relatively pleased with the performance. We seemed to finally click on all cylinders (well, except the passing). And Houston seemed to call the right plays, so I'll give him credit. So I say a hearty congratulations to Houston and the boys...hopefully we can keep it up!

Finally, I'd like to post a little tribute to Frank Broyles. The man is a legend and his contributions to the University of Arkansas will not be forgotten. It's only fitting that the field be named in his honor. Thanks Frank for all you've done! Woo Pig!!

No comments: