Monday, November 26, 2007

OH HAPPY DAY!!!

I cannot even begin to express how excited I am that Houston has resigned! Though some of my excitement has been tempered by how Arkansas fans were portrayed in the national news. I am so sick of the one-sided stories that everyone puts out there. One even said that a majority of fans didn't want him gone. Where'd the guy get this information? Every single person I know wanted him gone. I'm hard-pressed to think of one person that wanted him to stay. Now I know there were some out there, but there is absolutely no way that they were in the majority. Correction: I have just learned that I know one person who wanted him to stay, so for the purposes of full disclosure I feel that this should be made public. And while I think about it, my grandpa probably wanted him to stay, so let's say I know two people.

The bottom line is it was time for him to go. Houston did a lot of great things for the program. Then the warm fuzzies faded, and I realized he wasn't that great of a coach - he had gotten us as far as he was going to be able to. Then, things went down that made me question his integrity, which deeply broke my heart as I was always a personal fan of his. I know there are two sides to every story and it's not fair for me to pass judgment, so I am choosing to forgive and move on. Good luck, Houston! I wish you well wherever you end up!

So in summation...vote for Mel B or Helio, just not Marie!! PLEASE!!

3 comments:

Matt and Jolee said...

Ok, I was informed by my husband to tell you that you do know somebody that didn't want to see him go. He didn't want to see him go and he wanted me to remind you that he had the 2nd best record in Arkansas history (next to Frank Broyles.) So, those are my comments...well, actually Matt's comments. My comments are as follows: #1 - Most important things first, I totally agree w/ you on your last line and laughed hysterically when I read it. #2 I think it will be an exciting game when AR plays Ole' Miss next year!!!

Terri said...

Sorry Matt!! I'll edit my post to reflect knowing one person who didn't want him to go. But off the top of my head, I can count 8 people that wanted him gone. So I'm going to do some fancy math and call that an 8:1 ratio. Yep, I learned how to do that kind of fancy maneuvering at Pepperdine!!

The Traxsons said...

You can add at least 8 more people to your list of haters...ok, hate's a strong word...people ready to see cry baby go, wait that wasn't nice either...ugh.

I am ashamed to say that I just discovered your blog! I thought you just did MySpace, which I haven't yet given in to. I will now be a faithful reader of your blog!