Friday, November 14, 2008

Christmas Fun

I rarely reply to forwarded surveys, but this one was fun. Rather than forward it on via email, I thought I'd just post it to ye ol' blog.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I've never had a real tree. I wouldn't know what to do with one.

3. When do you put up the tree? I try to get it up Thanksgiving weekend.

4. Favorite holiday tradition? Hmmm, I can't really think of any traditions. Oh wait, I love having breakfast on Christmas. We always have a full-on breakfast spread after we open gifts. Yummy!

5. Do you like eggnog? I've honestly never tried it, but I don't think I'd like it. I much prefer Peppermint Mocha Frappuccinos!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My cabbage patch dolls!!

7. Hardest person to buy for? The adults

8. Easiest person to buy for? The kids. They like everything. And I like any excuse to mess around in the toy section.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I have a dreamsicle angel one and it is very cute.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I prefer to receive good old fashioned mail. I haven't ever sent Christmas cards myself. I guess I should, but I don't feel like I have anything interesting to report or a cute picture of kids to include. What do I say really? Merry Christmas from the still single, childless gal in LA!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't really think of anything bad. I usually like what I get. And honestly, I wouldn't admit to not liking anything if I did. I think it's rude. Just be thankful for the thought and move on.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon edition) and A Christmas Story. The season is not complete without a viewing of both of these classics.

13. When do you start shopping? Usually last minute, but the Rowlands foray into Germany has really thrown a kink in my plans - got to get them done in early November.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peanut Brittle

16. Lights on the tree? Ummm, yes? I like all white.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Anything on the 'NSync Christmas album!!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Considering I'm the odd man out, I usually travel back to AR.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Absolutely.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A pretty, pretty star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Always Christmas morning. I don't get the Christmas Eve tradition. When does Santa come?!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People being all PC and saying Happy Holidays. It's Merry Christmas people!! And if you're Jewish, you can tell me Happy Hanukkah. I'm not going to get offended.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Hmm, I don't do themes. I just put up what I've got.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I don't know. Ham, I guess. That seems Christmasy. Though I prefer Turkey and think we should just do Thanksgiving dinner for a second time.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A job!!!!!!

No comments: