Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day 3

Ok, so I forgot about day 3, mainly because there wasn't much to it. We got up, checked out of our hotel, then headed out for a few more hours of activity before we departed. First, we went to the Arc de Triomphe to officially take pictures. We'd been by it a couple of times the previous two days, but always at night and we didn't stop to take pics.

Then we did some souvenir shopping along the Champs-Elysees. Most of the stores were closed since it was Sunday, but all the little touristy spots were open. We stopped in at Laduree and got some treats for the road. I love madeleines and absolutely had to get one in Paris. Jolee got some macarons - not to be confused with macaroons - and they were equally delicious.

Once again, we ate at a little cafe on the Champs-Elysees. I decided we should get french food since we were in France. We settled on french onion soup and a croque monsieur. It was the best french onion soup I've ever had - I'm guessing because we were actually in France! After enjoying our delicious food, we got the bill and realized that the cokes we ordered cost 10 euro!! That's 15 freakin' dollars!! Holy crap! After double checking with our waiter, we begrudgingly paid for it and headed off to the Eiffel Tower.

We got some better pictures of the Parisian landmark because the sun was in a better position. Then we sat and enjoyed a crepe with nutella for dessert even though neither of us was all that hungry. But it was scrumptious! We then hopped on the subway and headed back to our hotel to collect the car and our luggage and leave Paris behind.

It was a fantastic trip, and I hope to go back someday! Thanks for being my tour guide, Jolee. I had a blast!

1 comment:

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

all I can say is WOW......I bet you had a great time! I know she misses you!