Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I bought a bike

I've been wanting a bike to ride around my neighborhood to save money on gas and be healthier and such. I looked for a long time and was being very picky. I decided I wanted a green bike. Do you know how hard it is to find a green bike?! I finally found the perfect green bike at Target right before I left for Germany. I decided I'd wait until I got back to get it. Well, fast-forward to my return and you'll arrive at the beginning of my 3 week journey to find this bike. Of course it was gone when I got back! I searched all of the Targets around LA, but no one had it.

I was making a last ditch effort Monday night to see if I missed a Target in my search. I finally found a Target in Northridge that the website said had it. Since Northridge is a good 20 miles away, which is about 45 minutes LA time, I called to double check before I made the trip. They had it, and they put it on hold for me! I was getting excited. I had to talk my roommate into making the trip because he has an SUV and there wasn't anyway I could fit a bike into my little Civic. As we got closer to Northridge, I started having a sinking feeling that the guy I talked to got the wrong bike. Sure enough, I walked in and saw a silver bike with my name on it. I told the guy the stocking number and even said it was green so as not to create any confusion! I thought great, this was a pointless trip. But I decided to go back to the bike section and check for myself. Maybe the kid just got confused. I made my way to the back of the store and as I turned down the aisle, the heavens parted and angels sang. There on the top shelf was the green bike I'd been searching all over LA for!!

I was going to take it out for a spin today, but it was too hot. It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow, so I'll try again. I'll at least take some pictures so y'all can see the prettiest bike in the whole world! I know you're excited!

2 comments:

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

I cant wait to see it!

Matt and Jolee said...

Ok. That whole story made me just laugh. I hope you enjoy your GREEN bike :-) Guess, what... the silver one would have done the same thing the green one does... hee, hee, hee. I know, I know... you wanted green.