Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's down!!

I drove by the house with the Palin effigy hanging by a noose on my way home from Bible study, and it looks like the homeowners finally took it down! Hallelujah!

Here's a grainy picture...


I've got more to say on the issue, but right now I'm going to watch Pushing Daisies. I'll be back.

Alright, I'm back. But now I'm realizing I don't really have that much to say. I drive by this house all the time, and I'm going to be honest, I barely even noticed it. So many people out here decorate for Halloween (which is just bizarre) that it didn't even stand out to me. I just noticed in passing that part of the decorations was a mannequin hanging by a noose, and I remember thinking that was just tacky. I didn't even realize that it was dressed like Sarah Palin until I saw it on the news. Then I was more disturbed. Y'all are all probably thinking the same way, so I'm not going to get into it.

I'm just going to state that I'm thankful it came down. And I'm astounded by all the protests that have gone on over the last few days. Who knew there were so many Republicans (and/or sympathizing Democrats) in LA?!

No comments: